Sunday, June 19, 2011

How Goals/Objectives are Embedded into Activities

Reflection

Our chapter reading assignment was on point in describing how to incorporate a child's goals/objectives into activities. Basically this can be done during any activity in which you and the child or the child (alone) is engaged in. My focus child IEP states that the child exhibit behavior problems because of communication problems. The goals/objectives would be to encourage the child in conversatonal speech. To encourage this I would engage the child in conversation during breakfast, in centers (asking questions, making positive comments about his speech). I would also encourage the child to speak slower and I would repeat what I think the child to allow him to hear the words pronounced correctly. These method can be used during an activity the child is engaged in meeting the goals/objectives base on his IEP for improving his communication skills.
                                 This assignment was posted Sunday June 12, 2011 @ 5:30 pm
 I post this assignment to my other clas blog account. I did not realize this until I opened my account to post for this week.                               
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment