Hello everyone my name is Laura Albritton and I live in Kinston, NC. I am married to a wonderful man who is also my best friend. He makes me laugh and is my biggest support on earth for whatever I believe is for me to do. He has been very supportive of me during my educational pursuit.
I am a graduate of Lenoir Community College with a AA in Liberal Arts. Upon completing my AA I joined the Mount Olive College family and graduated, in the Class of 2009, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education. I am currently attending ECU to obtain license in the birth through kindergarten for Licenses Only Program. This path to continue my education is a nontraditional one by most people standards because I am pursuing an education and working full-time.
I have worked for the Lenoir County School System as a Teacher Assistant for the last seven year. This year I have been blessed to work as a Pre-K TA in an exceptional children's classroom (EC). All the children I have worked with before have been great but this special group of children that I am with this year have: challenged me, stretched me, made me see what kind of person I really am and I have loved every minute of it. I'm not saying that this has been the easiest job I have had, but I'm saying that it has been the most rewarding experience I have had since I started working for the Lenoir County School System.
I am looking forward to the collaboration and information sharing that will take place during this class.
Laura Albritton
Hi Laura!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog. I know how hard working and going to school can be. There never seems to be enough time in the day. Thank you for your service in the Army and National Guard. I had a brother that was also in Desert Storm. I'm a military brat and most of my family is in the military. Like you, I am also doing the licensure add on. I look forward to working with you.
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteI know it's a little late but I was reading through a few blogs posted a couple of weeks ago. I just wanted to say first of all I really enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication that I know you have put into your job. It takes a dedicated, patient, kind, and loving individual to work with Exceptional Needs Children. My classroom participates in inclusion; I have two EC students but a few of my co-workers have Only EC/AU classes and I see the hard work they do daily. I have witnessed my co-workers being hit, spit on, kick, verbally abrused, etc but they continue to love these kids inspite of all. Good luck to you as you continue your education.